Efficient communication: Improve how to understand and be understood, without conflicts.
Building up the right conversation, and communicating your message in a quiet and authentic manner, are ultimately the foundations of communication. Depending on the situation, we sometimes tend to express the facts in just a little more nuanced way than they actually are. We want to add authority to our word power by using associated body language, voice volume and intonation. But we notice that, despite our best efforts, there are still issues that are misinterpreted. Much has to do here with the differences among the people involved, the stress level and topic relevance.
The following topics are discussed during the Discussion Techniques training course:
- Different behaviours linked to different personality types, and their corresponding typical verbal and non-verbal expressions.
- How can I stay in control of my body language and voice?
- Structure of a good discussion according to the ‘Prana Egg’
- How do I open a discussion?
- How do I structure my talk?
- How do I ensure the correct interaction?
- When do I insert quiet moments?
- How do I check whether something has been properly understood?
- When can I conclude?
- How do I bring a discussion to an end?
In order to be able to communicate clearly what we can organize, specifically tailored to your needs, it is best to meet face-to-face.
What exactly will you take away from this course?
- How do you structure a discussion?
- When do you insert silences?
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- How are misunderstandings created?
- Why does one person understand you better than another?
- How can you prevent this misunderstanding?
- What communication styles are there?
What will you be reflecting on?
- What is my style of communication?
- What are my strengths and my weaknesses?
- What is my manager's communication style and that of my colleagues?
What will you experience and do?
- You will learn to recognize the differences in personality types (DISC, INSIGHTS, MBTI ...) among your colleagues
- You will discover the link between their personality style and their communication style
- You will experience the differences between people and why this can lead to misunderstandings and conflicts
- You will learn to attune your communication to your conversational partner in order to achieve better results
- You will create your own personal development plan, with your own factual action points for your next meeting with colleagues, clients, prospects, ..
What can you learn from each other?
- What can you learn from others and what can they learn from you?
- What have you applied and to what effect?
Duration: 4 sessions of 3.5 hours